vrijdag 5 januari 2007

"Inspiratie is hier nooit ver weg", zegt expat

Is 'bland, boring Belgium' een vergeetput voor expats? Sommigen willen het je doen geloven. Anderen zijn verrukt over het land dat ze tevoren nauwelijks kenden, en waarvan ze de mogelijkheden volop verkennen, gebruiken en genieten. De Canadese Alison Cornford-Matheson is zo'n tevreden expat, en ze schreef er zopas een column over op de site Expatica: 'Spoiled for choice'.
Enkele citaten:
"One of the advantages of living near a major international city, like Brussels, is being spoiled for choice of world class art exhibitions and galleries. As an artist, this can be a huge source of inspiration. (...)

Here in Belgium, it seems that there are more interesting exhibitions than there is time to see them all. In the two years I've been living here, I've seen more gallery exhibits than I have in my entire life to this point. (...)

The great thing about art in Brussels is that there is something for everyone. Here, if nothing else, at least I won't have to wait a year to be inspired by another exhibition."

Geen opmerkingen: